Gluten Free Banana Bread
A little bit of an experiment that actually turned out on the first try, yay!! I love it when it works the first time!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill baking flour)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Turn oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9-inch ceramic loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add bananas, eggs, oil and date sugar till combined.
- Add the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon and process until a smooth sticky batter forms.
- Stir in the walnut pieces by hand.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake on the center rack for about 50 minutes. Yum!
Nice photo! The white plate, showing only portion of the meal, and natural lighting. Making progress!
Question: What’s so great about Himalayan Salt? What’s the pink stuff mixed in it?
Is it better than Celtic Salt?
After reading Water & salt: the essence of life : the healing power of nature we switched to Himalayan sea salt because the mineral content was much higher than regular sea salt. Both are good but if you can do Himalayan I would highly recommend it. Check out the book. it will give you lots of good information 🙂