Lately my husband, (yes, I’m going to blame him for bringing this to our house and forcing me to eat them) has been buying this salted almond chocolate bars. Have you seen em?
I believe they are from the devil. I always tell him, “okay, fine, just give me ONE square.” Has anyone ever just eaten ONE square!?! Probably never. Needless to say the madness had to stop and so I created what I thought would be a better option then the store bought candy bar. It was real tough testing all these to make sure I got it just right…but the things I have to do for this blog…geez!
One important thing to note is these function best if they are kept in the freezer. Because once they start to warm up due to the coconut oil they become a chocolaty mess.
You can also make them more fun by wrapping them up in individual sized candy bar portions in some foil and ribbon if you’re fancy, I am not. Plus even when I tried to limit the husband to the “candy bar foil wrapped” amount he just ate that and then went back to the pan and got more. So it’s probably best when you makes these to hide them in the back corner of you freezer so you can be guaranteed to have some for yourself. Enjoy!
- 1/2 C Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 heaping Tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 C whole roasted almonds
- 1/3 C roasted almond slivers or just crush some whole ones
- Himalayan Sea Salt
- In a small saucepan over VERY low heat melt chocolate chips and 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a pan (I used 8×6- the size is up to you depending on how thick you want your candy) with parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate in the pan is melted, pour it into the pan then sprinkle whole almonds throughout.
- Sprinkle sea salt over almonds and chocolate, then place the pan in the freezer.
- While the chocolate and almonds are firming up in the freezer add remaining 1/3 C of coconut oil, cacao, vanilla and honey to the sauce pan on the lowest setting. Whisk all ingredients together.
- After about 10 minutes, remove the pan from the freezer and pour the chocolate sauce on top of the first layer of chocolate/almonds/sea salt.
- Add roasted almond slivers or crushed almonds to top it off.
- Place back in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until firm and break into desired sized pieces.