Have you guys ever taken hot yoga? It’s pretty amazing. The thing is that you sweat buckets. Like a WHOLE lot. It makes you feel like you’ve really detoxed, and mostly you probably smell like you did too. I’ve been doing it now for a quite a while but obviously I haven’t learned all the rules. Like how you shouldn’t wear gray pants. Normally I do my hot yoga thing and then come straight home and shower because I’m so rank. But last week I had to make a quick run into the grocery store before I made it home. I tried to go real fast, keep my arms down and not make eye contact. But then I had to go to the bathroom, and so I parked my cart and went into the bathroom. Did my business and then walked out and washed my hands and looked at myself. OMG. Ok so here’s the situation. Those gray pants showed through and my crotch clearly looked like I had an accident. Like I drank a big gulp and then just peed myself. I shouldn’t have turned around but I did and wow. A big ole sweat line down my butt crack. Real cute. If you’re a hot yoga teacher PLEASE post up the No Gray Pants rule. Thanks.
So if you need a little something before (or after) you go into hot yoga class wearing BLACK pants these gummies are perfect.
Gelatin is a protein derived from the collagen of animals that is soluble in water. If you’ve ever made broth then you’ve probably noticed how it gets a little jiggly after it’s beee refrigerated. That’s the gelatin. It’s great for your joints and especially for gut health. Its also been known to be helpful for hair, nails, and skin (wrinkles or cellulite anyone?). It’s definitely a superfood and I use it on a regular basis for all the health benefits.
There are two kinds of powdered gelatin on the market. Regular gelatin must be dissolved in hot water- this is what is needed to make the gummies. There is also another gelatin product that is water soluble that can be used in smoothies or juice.
Fruit Gummy Snacks
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C boiling water
- 1/2 C gelatin*
- 1 C juice or kombucha
- 1 C pureed fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches)
- Make sure all of your ingredient are prepared and ready to go. You’ll need to add them all quickly to the bowl so it doesn’t gel too quickly. Otherwise you could end up with lumps in your gummies.
- Add your gelatin to 1/2 C water and stir until it forms a paste.
- Quickly add the 1/2 C boiling water to the paste and mix until dissolved, and there are no lumps.
- Mix in your juice or kombucha and continue to stir.
- Add pureed fruit and stir until combined.
- Quickly pour the liquid into a silicone mold of choice. I have some cute heart and dinosaur ones for the kids. Otherwise you could use a boring square shape for adults 🙂
- Place in freezer for about 20-30 minutes or until they are fulled gelled.
- Keep them stored in the refrigerator.
*If your liquid starts to gel before you get it all poured into the molds just put in a sauce pan over low heat until it becomes liquid again.
*If you’re local to Fayetteville, we carry the gelatin at our office. Come see us!