It’s hot. And I’m sweaty. Do you ever feel like have a cold drink after being outside in the summer or after a good workout? Just water doesn’t sound good and you know sports drinks are full of crap, you know that right? I mean flame retardants in your drink just never seemed liked a good idea to me. Not to mention the food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, and other food additives…blah! It’s super easy to make your own and only takes 4 simple ingredients. #1 Water. #2 Himalayan Sea Salt– this is where you’ll get 83 different minerals and electrolytes. #3 Juice of choice. #4 honey or maple syrup.
Homemade Sports Drink
- 7 C Spring Water (sometimes I’ll use a combo of coconut water and spring water)
- 1 C juice of choice (I like lime, lemon, pineapple or a combination)
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Mix all ingredients into a 1/2 gallon glass jar and enjoy!