It was approaching the dinner hour and I had no idea what I was making. If you know my house then you know that is a sign of immediate danger. Hungry kids+hungry hubby+no plan= bad night. So what to do in a hurry?
I like to keep some local sausage handy in the freezer for these times. It’s fast and easy and always delicious. So as luck would have it we had some old soul beef brats in the freezer. I thawed them out and cooked them at 375 for about 30 minutes. While they where baking I prepared the cabbage, cut some apples and viola! Dinner is served!
- 1 medium head of cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1Tbsp bacon fat or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp oregano
- Heat oil/fat in a large skillet.
- Add cabbage and cook until it brown a bit on the edges, about 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano. Yum!