Who doesn’t love some good ‘ole meatloaf?? This recipe has been a staple in our house for a while now and even though it makes a lot we hardly ever have to much left over for lunch….thanks to my hungry boys. Please pray for me when Jude becomes a teenager! Here is the proof below, a happy Jude, happy belly and a happy plate 🙂
- 2 lbs grass fed beef
- 1/2 lb ground organ meat of choice (I’ve used heart/liver/kidney- all with no weird taste)
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp chile flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C almond meal
- 1/2 C oats
- 1 C broth
- 1 egg
- organic ketchup
- Place onion, carrot and celery in the food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add to a pan with butter and coconut oil and saute until soft.
- Add the spices into the mixture and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile soak the almond meal and oats in almond milk or water.
- Have a 9×13 pyrex pan out and mix meat with sauteed veggies, soaked almond meal/oats and egg. Form into a loaf. Top with organic ketchup. Add about 1/2 C of water to the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 1 and 1/2 hours. Yummy!