This was one of my favorite dinners I liked to eat growing up. I tweaked the ingredients to make it better for you and it is still one of my favorites AND super delicious.
Lemon Baked Chicken
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C ground up oats (I use the vitamix)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- Place coconut oil in a 9×13″ foil lined pan and set in oven to melt.
- Shake chicken pieces in bag with flour mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken in a single layer in melted coconut oil and bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the last 7 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- After 30 minutes turn the chicken over and then bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake another 15 minutes.
Oh my goodness, you’re gonna LOVE it!! Yum!