This bread is a great addition to soups or a nice hummus and sprout sandwich. It’s a nice bonus if you have fresh herbs to put in the batter.
Garbanzo Bean Bread
- 1C garbanzo bean flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1C water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp fresh basil or ½ tsp dried
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary or ¼ tsp dried
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 450. Put flour, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Gradually whisk in water to create smooth batter.
- Stir in 2 tbsp olive oil. Allow batter to rest 30 min.
- Heat 9-10 inch cast iron skillet in oven 10 min to preheat.
- Add basil, rosemary, and thyme. Whisk until smooth.
- Add 2 Tbsp coconut oil to skillet to coat evenly.
- Pour batter onto skillet and bake 12-15 min or until edge begins to pull away and center is firm. Yum!