This is one of the BEST treats out there, especially topped on some fresh strawberries! And since “tis the season” for berries up here in NWA you should make some of this pronto! So the deal with coconut milk is it can totally vary brand to brand. Of course it’s best to buy organic but even that doesn’t always steer you clear of some of the extra additives that might be added. I typically stick only to Natural Value brand because it is just straight full fat coconut milk. Through many experiments of making coconut milk whipped cream with Thai Organic, Natural Value and Native Forest brands, the winner is the Whole Foods brand. It unfortunately has guar gum in it but it really yields the most cream and tastes the best in my opinion. So for a special occasion I like that one best!
Besides topping berries with this goodness you can also make a yummy breakfast treat. I used this recipe for these crepes and then topped it with homemade almond butter (coming soon), banana and a dollop of the whipped cream. Hello yumminess!!
Here’s your instructional video if you like that sorta thing. I’m sweaty but at least you can’t smell me! Ha! Do you know how impossible it is to record a video when you look good, the kitchen is clean and the kids aren’t yelling? Ya, never, so take what you can get 😉
Coconut Milk Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tsp honey or more if you’d like it sweeter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Place your coconut milk in the fridge overnight
- The cream will rise to the top so carefully scrape off the cream and leave the clear coconut water for a smoothie
- Whip the the coconut cream for approximately 5 minutes
- Add the honey and vanilla and whip again for 30 seconds
- Top on berries, crepes, or just eat if off the spoon