I’ve always loved fudge…well, who am I kidding, I’ve always loved a lot of things. But fudge is always considered extra special to me. I literally turned my kitchen in to a treat factory over these past couple of weeks. I had this grand idea to make valentines love boxes – see below
It’s been fun and dangerous all at the same time. I’ve been delving into blogs and buying cookbooks that I probably shouldn’t have to get it all together. And thank God I’m starting the 21 day sugar detox on Monday because I’m sure I have eaten enough treats to make up for ALL of 21 days that I won’t. You should join me (after you make this fudge of course :). Check out this site to sign up for emails and get all the information you need!
- 1 1/4 C enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1/4 C + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 20-25 dates, pitted and soaked for 15 min
- 1/2 C full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C cacao powder
- 1 drop of doTerra peppermint oil (optional for peppermint flavor)
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt over LOW heat. Stir until everything is melted together then remove from heat.
- Drain the dates and place in the food processor along with your coconut milk. Add the melted chocolate/coconut oil mixture and process until smooth (3-4 minutes).
- Add the vanilla and cacao and process again for another minute.
- Add the optional drop of peppermint (1 is all you need!) and process for 10-15 seconds.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and roll into a ball and place it between 2 pieces of parchment paper.
- Roll out to your desired thickness and then cut into squares and store in the fridge or freeze
- This is plain fudge with added walnuts on top 🙂