This can be whipped up in a jiffy. We often eat it for dinner with salad and a smoothie. Also, you don’t have to use asparagus and mushrooms- although the asparagus is mighty delicious and readily available at the farmers market. You can sub an veggie that works for you. I have done it with broccoli and onions and it is equally as delicious!
Mushroom and Asparagus Quiche
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion, cut in slivers
- 1 C chopped asparagus
- 1 C chopped mushrooms
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 C almond milk
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onion, asparagus and mushroom in coconut oil for 5-8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine. In a separate bowl beat eggs with milk, flour, and mustard.
- Add the veggies and place in a greased pie dish.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until set. Yum!