A little bit of an experiment that actually turned out on the first try, yay!! I love it when it works the first time!
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup date sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill baking flour)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- Turn oven to 350ºF.
- Line a 9-inch ceramic loaf pan with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a food processor, add bananas, eggs, oil and date sugar till combined.
- Add the flour, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, vanilla and cinnamon and process until a smooth sticky batter forms.
- Stir in the walnut pieces by hand.
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and spread evenly. Bake on the center rack for about 50 minutes. Yum!